Crowdfunding/Crowdsourcing Sammelthread

In diesem Thread soll es rund ums Thema Crowdfunding/Crowdsourcing.
Egal um welche Plattform Kickstarter/Indiegogo/Startnext/Ecocrowd/Betterplace.
Egal um welchen Bereich ob ihr ein Spiele, ein technisches Gerät oder vieles mehr finanziert/unterstützt habt.
Hier finden positive und negative Erfahrungen ihren Platz.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Joscha Sauer hat ein Kickstarter Projekt Namens MOVIE CLICHÉS - the card game gestartet.
Es ist ein englisches Karten Spiel das man in verschiedenen Varianten Spielen kann.
In den Beispiele Video wird eine Variante vorgestellt.
Das Projekt ist bereits Finanziert.

Mir gefällt die Idee sehr gut und überlege mir das gesamt Paket aller drei Karten Sets zu bestellen.

Im 8ten Update von Joscha Sauer stellt er eine Gesamtrechnung auf wie erfolgreich die Kampagne war.

Hier einmal der Beitrag aus dem Link

A poster for the Horror cliché „Based on a true story“

We start with 155.323 €.

But 2.383 € could not be collected because of wrong credit card numbers, not covered bank accounts, etc. :x:
155.323 €

• 2.383 €
    ➜ So we’re left with 152.940 €.

Kickstarter keeps 5% for the use of their platform. Also the credit card companies charge transaction fees. :credit_card: :euro:
152.940 €

• 7.647 €
  • 5.380 €
    ➜ We’re left with 139.913 €.

Next up my favorite thing to spend money on: Creative work! :art::paintbrush:
Card illustrations, Graphics for the Kickstarter page, animations for the Kickstarter video, Music, sounds and FX: 34.628 €
Worth every penny, but:
139.913 €

• 34.628 €
    ➜ We’re left with 105.285 €.

Because I needed to reach an audience outside of Germany I decided to work with the Crowdfunding Marketing agency Jellop. They (and me also) advertised the project on Facebook and Instagram. Costs for FB ads and their service: 21.146 € :us::canada::uk:
105.285 €

• 21.146 €
    ➜ And only 84.139 € left.

Welcome to the beautiful world of five digits!
Here are three smaller amounts to subtract. Before the Kickstarter launched I had a website set up to collect mail addresses from potential backers (500 €). Also I printed some flyers for the game (200 €). And I’ll need to let a native English speaker check all the texts in the game (250 €). :white_check_mark:
84.139 €

• 500 €
  • 200 €
  • 250 €
    ➜ Left with 83.189 €.

Now we have to produce the game. I’m still in negotiations with several manufacturers but production and delivery to our warehouse will amount to ca. 20.000 €. :game_die:
83.189 €

• 20.000 €
    Hey, I don’t even need a calculator for this!
    ➜ We still have 63.189 €. Let’s continue!

Because part of the Kickstarter deal was „Free Shipping Worldwide!“ and… Surprise… shipping isn’t really free, I just pay it for you, we’ll have to put another 41.936 € aside for packing and shipping.:package::mailbox_with_mail:
63.189 €

• 41.936 €
    ➜ We’re left with 21.253 €.
    Don’t worry, we’re almost done…

And because Crowdfunding is a tax nightmare (at least here in Germany) I have to reserve around 3000 € to pay my tax consultant. :nerd_face:
21.253 €

• 3000 €
    ➜ And we’re left with 18.253 €.

That’s what’s left for me: 18.253 €.
To be clear, my own creative work, my hardware, my software licenses and almost one year of my time were NOT part of the above calculation. So why do I publish these numbers? Not because I want pity. I wanted to make a cool game with great people and I achieved that. I’m happy and proud with the outcome.

But I think it’s important to get a realistic view on „successful“ projects. Because the big number on a website makes you believe somebody will swim in cash soon. And because I think that Crowdfunding will play a more important role for many artists in the future and I want to give artists (and their supporters) a realistic assessment of that.

Hope you enjoyed this number heavy update and maybe you even learned something from it.
I did. :heart:

In a couple of days we’ll have the Pledge Manager ready. There you can enter all your shipping details and even add more games to your order. Until then… Take care!

Joscha

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nichtlustig/moviecliches/posts/2690461?context=comment_from_email&ref=ksr_email_backer_project_update_registered_users#comments