The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

naja fluff bedeutetaber eigentlich “aufplustern, aufblähen” und bezieht sich als Begriff eigentlich eher darauf, wie Story- und Ambientetexte Rollenspielpublikationen aufplustern. Er steht ja quasi im Gegensatz zum “Crunchteil” eines Buches, welches Regeln und Spielmechaniken darstellen. Ich find diese Trennung passt bei Videospielen lediglich zu deren Anleitungen. Zumindest als es die noch gab.

Finde bei Videospielen selbst kann man eigtl. mit den selben Begrifflichkeiten wie in Filmen, Romanen und anderen narrativen Werken aus. Für mich ist es halt eher die Zelda-Lore bzw. LoZ-Geschichte und nicht der Fluff.

Naja du hast die Geschichte des Spiels - also das was in dessen Handlungsrahmen passiert - und das ganze drumherum. Das ist zum Spielen absolut nicht nötig, setzt es aber in einen weiteren Kontext oder staffiert es weiter aus.

Von daher Fluff.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Denken viele, aber stimmt nicht. Wenn man sich die Entwicklungsgeschichte der Zelda-Spiele anschaut, dann sieht man schon klar, dass man immer versucht hat alle Spiele grob in einem zeitlichen Kontext zueinander zu stellen.

Zelda 2, war als Nachfolger von Zelda 1 konzipiert. A Link to the Past als Vorläufer der beiden. In dessen Hintergrundgeschichte wird auch bereits Ganondorf und seine Versiegelung durch die sieben Weisen angesprochen. Daran orientiert sich dann auch Ocarina of Time. Majoras Mask hingegen bezieht sich auf das Ende von OoT. Und Wind Waker spricht ebenfalls OoT an.
Nintendo hat schon immer versucht die Geschichte quasi weiter bzw. mehr zu erzählen. Sie haben halt keinen Story-Masterplan, aber die Timeline macht an sich schon Sinn. Das einzige Problem, welche Aonuma reingehaun hat, war halt, dass wohl mit Wind Waker oder spätestens mit Twilight Princess einen Retcon durchgeführt hat, was halt wohl zu der “Gescheiterte Held der Zeit”-Zeitlinie führte, welche eigtl. die Originale war. Aber das war wie gesagt halt ein Retcon.
Die Zelda-Timeline ist aber eher recht organisch entstanden durch das “weitererzählen”. Haben aber viele Romane und Serien auch.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Jein. Denn es gibt zum Beispiel Spiele, bei der das Gameplay selbst die Handlung darstellt. Bei Rollenspielen steht Fluff auch nur für Settingbeschreibungen in Regelbüchern etc. Nicht für die eigentliche Handlung einer Rollenspielabends an sich.
Man kann es vielleicht auch am ehesten mit den Begriff Thematik bei Brettspielen beschreiben. Siedler von Catan hat quasi eine Thematik, in der man eine Landschaft besiedelt, anstatt dass man wild Zahlen stapelt und abstrakte Felder besetzt, ohne dass da Kontext besteht, was diese darstellen sollen.

Wurde in der Historia gesagt, dass Link in MM tot ist und der “Stalfos” in TP ist oder war das nur die Interpretation der Spiele durch Fans oder ne andere “Zusammenfassung”?

Falls ersteres kann ich das Ding ohnehin nicht ernst nehmen.

Nein, wurde nicht gesagt. Das ist eine diese abstrusen Fan Theorien, die sich durch penetranz ins kollektive Gedächtnis prügeln.

1 „Gefällt mir“

dazwischen sind aber grad mal 100 Jahre verganene zwischen OoT und WW, da ist eigentlich kein Platz.

Wenn Ganon auftaucht muss es nach OoT statt finden weil vorher gab es keine Ganondorf/Ganon.
Die Frage ist ob Vaati bereits Teil des Fluches von Demise ist oder es erst mit Ganondorf los geht.

Nope, kommt aus dem Hyrule Historia, ist ganz offziell von Nintendo

Also der „Stalfos“ aus TP ist schon der Link aus Oot und MM laut Hyrule Historia aber das Link in MM tot ist, ist eine Theorie, a Game Theory. Die ich übrigens für unwahrscheinlich halte.

falls ihr zufällig fast 3000 ocken rumliegen habt https://www.facebook.com/SwitchCDMX/photos/a.586113821594509.1073741828.586109934928231/600105243528700/?type=3&theater

Leider habe ich keine Pesos. Kann ich auch mit Rubel zahlen?

Ja so kenne ich es auch. So wie ich MM verstanden habe gehtves darum dass Navi tot ist und Link diesen verlust verarbeitet. Immerhin arbeitet das Spiel alle Stadien des Verlusts ab soweit ich mich erinnere

Offiziell ist das nicht. Bis jetzt ist nur bekannt das Navi verschwunden ist und er sie sucht.

Oha, wie findet man denn dann den Weg? :gunnar:

4 „Gefällt mir“

diese aufstellung kommt von nintendo direkt … wurde zum 25 jahres jubiläum veröffentlicht …

//Kommentar: ich persönlich halte jedoch nciht viel davon, hat einfach zu viele fragezeichen und löcher. ist mir aber auch egal, für mich zählt jedes zelda als abgeschlossene story und gefällt mir dennoch.

1 „Gefällt mir“

alter warum wird das als spoiler geblurred? das ist der erste text der in MM auftaucht?

Gamecentral couldn’t resist sneaking this little bit in about Zelda despite the embargo:

> We will risk a shuriken to the head from Nintendo’s ninja lawyers by saying that Zelda is everything you will have hoped for, and more, but we won’t be able to do a proper preview until tomorrow.

That tease :open_mouth:

Leaking Previews:

Breath of the Wild is, without question or debate, the hardest Zelda game of the last twenty years. In fact, as an “old” who literally grew up playing the original Zelda games on NES and SNES when they came out,

[spoiler]You don’t lose anything when you die, other than the time lost getting back to where you were. You do have to contend with equipment with a finite lifespan however, and resources will often be scarce unless you gather ingredients to make potions and meals.

The puzzle logic in Breath of the Wild feels legitimately logical, and smartly physics-based. There are optional shrines scattered throughout Hyrule that act as mini puzzle dungeons, and almost without exception, they’ve all been a lot of fun to figure out. After more than two dozen of them, Breath of the Wild also doesn’t seem out of ideas.[/spoiler]

But even with these and other, bigger changes, Breath of the Wild has never stopped feeling like a Zelda game — and what’s more, it seems poised to establish itself as the first current, vital feeling Zelda title in longer than I can remember.

Keine Story- aber Gameplay relevante Spolier, aber nichts tragisches.

Edit: Polygon hat das Preview wieder runter genommen. Waren klarerweise zu früh dran :stuck_out_tongue:
Hier nochmal der Volltext als Spoiler:

[spoiler]> There’s a literal list of things in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild I’m not allowed to talk about yet, but right now, a week before launch and about 20 hours into the game, there are really only two things I feel I need to talk about. First, Breath of the Wild respects your intelligence as a player more than any Legend of Zelda game before it (with the possible exception of 2013’s 3DS release A Link Between Worlds).

And second? Breath of the Wild demands your respect. And if you forget that for longer than a few minutes it’ll remind you by knocking you flat on your ass.

A quick bit of housekeeping: these impressions are based on a lot of time with a final, retail version of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Nintendo Switch. This isn’t a review exactly — these thoughts aren’t final, as I’m not finished with the game. Nowhere close, in fact. But I have played enough to have some very strong opinions that are solidly formed, big surprises or changes of pace notwithstanding.

Lets get Breath of the Wild’s demand that you take it seriously out of the way first, in case you haven’t been following the interviews and narrative surrounding it in the last year or so. Breath of the Wild is, without question or debate, the hardest Zelda game of the last twenty years. In fact, as an “old” who literally grew up playing the original Zelda games on NES and SNES when they came out, I’d argue it’s the hardest Zelda game period. The first twenty minutes or so are pretty low key — you can kill the scrub bokoblins and other minor enemies you meet without much trouble using nothing more than a tree branch picked up off the ground. But once you leave the initial learning spaces and venture into more typical zones, you’re probably going to die.

BREATH OF THE WILD WILL KNOCK YOU FLAT ON YOUR ASS
And, like, you’re probably going to die a lot, honestly. Often without much warning. Or at least I did, and still do, if I’m not careful.

This is in large part because Breath of the Wild gates off areas of the world behind specific kinds of equipment less than any third-person Zelda game. The geographic options in front of me felt almost overwhelming right from the start, and that was just in the opening plateau that serves as the game’s tutorial space. Once you obtain a specific item that allows you to leave that plateau, Hyrule is your oyster. It just happens to be an oyster full of really angry monsters and ancient death machines that will murder you if they see you.

Often, the only indication Breath of the Wild might give that you are under-equipped for the space you’re in is an enemy taking you from, say, six hearts to a quarter of one in a single axe swipe or spear lunge (assuming, you know, they don’t just kill you outright). Or, like I said, they’ll just kill you with no real fanfare or warning, and the game will reload you fairly close to where you were, hopefully having learned an important lesson about Hyrule’s ecosystem and its desire for you not to exist in it.

Comparisons to games like Dark Souls are probably inevitable, but they’re not exactly fair. You don’t lose anything when you die, other than the time lost getting back to where you were. You do have to contend with equipment with a finite lifespan however, and resources will often be scarce unless you gather ingredients to make potions and meals. This is something I’ve typically avoided in open world action RPGs in the last several years — I find this kind of thing incredibly boring. But for whatever reason, cooking and mixing in Breath of the Wild feels a little more loose and a little more immediately rewarding, and, well, it’s an absolute necessity.

There’s a practical reason for this. While spaces in Breath of the Wild aren’t item gated exactly, aside from the aforementioned enemies that will smash you, they can be beyond your physical capabilities. While Link is physically capable — he can climb most walls and use a sort of hang glider, and he can swim right away, no items required — more strenuous activity depletes Link’s limited stamina bar. However, if you cook the right things together, you can create meals and elixirs that, say, refill your stamina completely, or even give you temporary extra stamina that might allow you to reach a spot you otherwise couldn’t.

Also if you don’t make meals that give you more than a heart or two back — or, eventually, that give you bonus temporary hearts — you’re not going to survive against more powerful common enemies you’ll find out in the world.

At first this all feels like a lot to keep track of and consider while playing a Zelda game, but it quickly became second nature for me. And it all ties into the first idea I talked about above, that Breath of the Wild feels like the first third-person, big budget Zelda game to eschew a meandering, elaborate, incredibly extended tutorial section. Breath of the Wild teaches you to play it, don’t get me wrong. The plateau you start on gives you the powers and abilities you’ll use for much of the game’s puzzle solving via shrines, and each shrine is a series of instructional scenarios for a particular ability. But you can also screw around and kill Bokoblins and climb and explore the area to your heart’s content if that’s what you want to do, and you could spend hours doing it before you left for the rest of Hyrule.

Put another way: as I was playing the first few hours of Breath of the Wild, I was capturing gameplay for Polygon’s coverage. At a certain point I considered restarting the game to get better footage. I considered restarting a Zelda game’s first hours without hating life. Breath of the Wild, in respecting your intelligence, also respects your time.

That respect radiates outward. The puzzle logic in Breath of the Wild feels legitimately logical, and smartly physics-based. There are optional shrines scattered throughout Hyrule that act as mini puzzle dungeons, and almost without exception, they’ve all been a lot of fun to figure out. After more than two dozen of them, Breath of the Wild also doesn’t seem out of ideas.

And so far, this is the thing I’m most struck by. Breath of the Wild has so far managed to integrate a steady stream of new ideas and twists on existing Zelda concepts, including weapon durability and variety. Example: boomerangs are now dual use tools that can be wielded as melee weapons or thrown in traditional Zelda fashion, but if you do the latter, you’ll need to be quick and catch it on the way back. Every weapon I’ve found so far is a finite tool as well, so I’ve learned not to get too attached.

But even with these and other, bigger changes, Breath of the Wild has never stopped feeling like a Zelda game — and what’s more, it seems poised to establish itself as the first current, vital feeling Zelda title in longer than I can remember.

You can read my final thoughts on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on March 2 at 3AM PT.[/spoiler]

2 „Gefällt mir“

a) Alles über die Schwierigkeit des Spiels klingt großartig

b) Notiz an mich selbst, bloß keine Reviews lesen Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler

4 „Gefällt mir“

Der Hype zerreißt mich innerlich! HILFÄÄÄÄÄÄ!

1 „Gefällt mir“

Da hat meine Hype-Resistenz doch auch was gutes. Und meine, meist, gnadenlose nicht-Erwartungshaltung. Kann das Thema ab Release bzw. ab Spoilergefahr so ziemlich ignorieren, bis ich das Gerät und das Spiel dann irgendwann im Winter oder nächstes Jahr dann kaufe. Und dann kann ich eigentlich nur positiv überrascht werden, außer es ist ein oder mehrere Inhalte im Spiel die völlig misslungen sind.

:nun:…yay.

Gamestar hat in dem Video zur Switch Vorstellung nochmal bestätigt das Zelda in 900p ruckelt auf der Switch.

:frowning: