Was zockt ihr gerade? II

Mich hat Days Gone auch erst nach einigen Spielstunden gepackt. Wenn man eine einigermaßen gute Ausrüstung hat und sein Bike aufgerüstet hat, dann macht es viel mehr Spaß und man kommt in einen Flow… Leider hats mich dann wegen der Story nach und nach total kalt gelassen :smiley:

Findet man in der Welt noch mehr als Munition Lappen und Flaschen? :rofl:

Ich mag days gone auch. Aber es ist wirklich erstaunlich. Uf der einen Seite fuehlt es sich wie ein typisches aaa Spiel an und auf der anderen Seite wirkt es soo einfach gestrickt, als ob ein indie Team alles zusamnenschustern müsste :sweat_smile:

will nix falsches sagen,aber wenn ich mich richtig erinner,ist das team sogar relativ klein und days gone,ihr erster richtig großer titel.

Ja das merkt man auch leider zu oft. Naja macht trotzdem spass. Noch…

Ich zocke gerade Days Gone und bin echt platt, wie gut das Spiel ist, obwohl ich nix davon etwartet habe. Hab dazu gerade einen längeren Beitrag im PS4-Subreddit geschrieben, zwar auf Englisch, aber ich poste den mal ganz frech hier rein für alle, die das Spiel nach den mittelmäßigen Reviews zum Release einfach aus ihrem Gedächtnis gestrichen haben.

Hi everyone, just wanted to write some thoughts down for all the people who didn’t buy Days Gone when it launched because of mediocre reviews and then forgot about it – just like I did. I found the game at my local game store for 20 € and bought it spontaneously.

Before I get into what makes the game great please note that I’m not a native speaker. I haven’t been to an English speaking country for more than 10 days overall so please excuse errors I might make.

I played about 2/3 of the game and feel confident to discuss some of the stand out positive and negative aspects of the game. I expected the game to be yet another open world game with tons of side activities and a linear main mission with a good story.

Things that surprised me the most are:

• Non-linear storytelling. I’m not sure if that’s the correct name for it so let me quickly explain what I mean: Every mission you do is part of a lager story arch, i. e. the story around the relationship between the protagonist and his best bud and the way you take care of him. You can often choose which story line you wanna progress. Things kind of non-linear storytelling made the world and story feel much more real to me.

• Fun side activities that are acutally worth doing. The world map is not filled with dozens and dozens of question marks. As you progress through the main missions only a few side activities are added to the map. They are quite fun to do and didn’t start to bore me as there’s a) not too many of the same kind and b) even the one’s of the same kind have slight variations. I also enjoyed that side missions not only give you gameplay advantages like more HP but can sometimes also earn you trust in one of the survivor camps. By gaining enough trust you then unlock more upgrades for you bike or better weapons. It actually feels rewarding to do side missions which gave me some Breath of the Wild feels where I think the best part of the game was that everything you did gave you progress towards the main goal of the game (“defeat the final boss”).

• Fun survival aspects. In general I don’t like survival games. For me they often consist of too much searching for the same resources over and over again. In the first few hours of Days Gone I got that same vibe as I was constantly looking for scrap parts to repair my bike or gas. I quickly found a good way to manage my resources and found that the game doesn’t force me to scavenge for stuff all the time but still manages to create tense situations where my bike ran low on gas when I was fleeing from a zombie (excuse me, “freakers”) horde.

There’s more positive aspects like the beautiful world, overall quality of the story and many more but I wanted to focus on the parts that stood out to me.

Now I just want to give a short impression of things that I don’t like about the game, which are mainly of technical nature.

• Framerate issues. Overall the game runs fine, especially in combat situations. But when riding the bike the framerate often dips – although not nearly to a point where the game gets unplayable.

• Pop in. Yeah, the game has a lot of bushes, rocks and stuff popping in. I notice this mainly when riding the bike to travel from a to b.

• AI. You’ve probably read about this in other reviews, but the AI (especially of human enemies) can be pretty underwhelming. That leads to fights that just don’t feel very dynamic. I find myself hiding behind a rock/tree/wall and waiting till my focus is ready again to give headshots in slow motion. (“Focus” is the games resource that let’s you slow time while aiming)

• Camps don’t feel very alive. Camps, where you find most NPCs would benefit a lot from people following routines throughout the day.

Overall the game doesn’t feel as polished as other Sony first party titles but for me it does open world gameplay right – even better then most other open world games I’ve played in recent years. If you’re still on the fence about Days Gone I say buy it – it’s gotten pretty cheap!

Thank you for reading!

Tldr: Days Gone nails open world design by not overwhelming players with too many optional activities and impressed me with it’s non-linear storytelling. Game still lacks typical polish of Sony first party titles.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Also ich hab es nicht gekauft, weil mich das Spiel einfach 0 interessiert. :sweat_smile:

1 „Gefällt mir“

RDR2

2 „Gefällt mir“

Mich hat das Spiel bereits nach 3-4 Stunden verloren.

Irgendwie ist mir das ganze zu repetitiv.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hab heute Abend Mal die Zelda Session vom WE beendet :hugs:

7 „Gefällt mir“

Fair enough :smiley:

Diese Möbius Mission in der C&C1 GDI Kampagne ist ja wohl der allerletzte Scheißdreck.
Man verliert wenn zu viele Zivilisten (nicht steuerbar) über Tiberium laufen. Also ziemlich random und dauernd…

battlefront 2
und
borderlands 3
:+1:

Rocket League (as always)
Persona 5
Fallen Order

1 „Gefällt mir“

Devil may Cry 5

Das Spiel macht mir einfach gute Laune. Einfach Kopf aus und los geht es und der treibende Soundtrack tut sein übriges. Finde aber das Reboot DMC auf der PS3 immer noch besser. Auch wenn Dante da keine weißen Haare hat.^^

2 „Gefällt mir“

Greedfall beendet und weiter geht es mit CoD WW2 und ich bin echt froh das ich dafür kein Geld bezahlt habe. Die Kampange ist typischer “Amis sind die super krassen Helden” Zeug. Also mehr als einmal durchzocken ist nicht drin

Ich werde heute Abend mit den DLCs zu „Deus Ex Mankind Divided“ anfangen! :slight_smile:

No Mans Sky auf der Xbox One X.

Da ist es ja nochmal hübscher als auf der Pro :heart_eyes:

Doof nur dass ich bei 0 starten muss. :beansad:

Deeprock Galactic.
Kurz nach Dimas Let’s Play geholt und seitdem schon über 30 Stunden gesuchtet.

Gerade wieder Anno 1800 im Multiplayer zu dritt mit dem zweiten Seasonpass.

Also ich finds echt eher so semigeil, dass ich bald 100 Euro in das Spiel gesteckt hab, aber die Inhalte lohnen sich auf jeden Fall und machen schon echt Spaß.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Nachdem ich A link to the Past am Montag durch hatte, hab ich jetzt mal wieder Shadow Run auf dem SNES angeschmissen.

Ist schon erstaunlich wie sehr man sich da in ewige Grindfeste manövrieren kann, weil man an der falschen Stelle das Geld falsch investiert hat :sweat_smile:

Aber mittlerweile im Drake Tower angekommen. Pew Pew

2 „Gefällt mir“