News und Wissenwertes zu E-Sports

Da wir nun endlich eine Kategorie extra für den Esport haben, eröffne ich hier einfach mal einen Thread für alle allgemeinen News und Ankündigungen für Turniere, Teams und Spieler.
Wenn es um News geht, könnt ihr schon mal davon ausgehen, dass ich euch hier regelmäßig mit Links von www.readmore.de versorgen werde, da ich dort aktiv unterwegs bin und vor allem die deutsche Szene sehr gut abgebildet wird.

3 „Gefällt mir“

Homestory Cup XIV

Jedem Starcraftfan muss der HSC wohl ein Begriff sein. Wie Dennis (TaKe) nun aber ankündigte, ist das heute startende Turnier das letzte seiner Art.
Es ist wohl davon auszugehen, dass es keine größeren SCII-Turniere mehr auf TaKeTV zu sehen geben wird, was ich als langjähriger SC2 und Take-Fan natürlich seht schade finde, aber auch irgendwie verständlich, wenn man sich die Entwicklung von Starcraft (besonders in den letzten Monaten) anschaut.

Einen Thread zur Diskussion findet ihr hier.

1 „Gefällt mir“

IEM Oakland - Mousesports

Das “deutsche” Team mousesports erwartet heute Abend eine verdammt schwierige Aufgabe auf der IEM Oakland. Nicht nur, dass man einen Monstergruppe mit Teams wie SK und NiP erwischt hat, auch die Formkurve der Mäuse zeigten in den letzten Wochen doch eher nach unten.

Ergänzung-IEM Oakland

Jetzt haben wir Gewissheit. Die Mäuse fahren ohne Sieg zurück nach Hause. Gerade wenn man sich die aktuelle deutsche Szene anguckt (zu der ich mouz noch zähle) bin ich irgendwie ein bisschen ernüchtert und frage mich, was hier aktuell falsch läuft.
Mit 80.000.000 Einwohner müssten wir doch mal ein paar Weltklasse-Spieler finden, die mit den Jungs aus Skandinavien oder Brasilien mithalten können.
Mit dem Ergebnis landet man übrigens genau auf der Rundendifferenz die Tyloo in Gruppe A erreicht hat.

Der 1. Tag des HSCs ist nun auch ausgespielt :slight_smile:

Leider sind unsere beiden Vertreter Socke und Lambo bereits in der Gruppenphase 1 gescheitert. Heute haben Heromarine und TLO noch einmal die Chance, die deutsche Flagge nach oben zu halten und die Chancen dafür stehen in den jeweiligen Gruppen, sogar relativ gut, würd ich mal sagen.
Außerdem konnte sich bisher alle Koreaner erwartungsgemäß in die nächste Runde spielen. Lediglich für Patience (hinter Ptitdrogo) und Rogue (hinter aLive) hat es nur für den zweiten Platz gereicht.

Liquipedia zum HSC

Irgendwie halte ich es für nötig, Dennis’ Statement zum HSC auch hier noch abzubilden. Dieser Mann hat mehr für den Esport getan und geopfert, als vermutlich irgendeine andere Person auf diesem Planeten. Ich hatte das Glück ihn während der Bauphase der neuen Location etwas näher kennen zu lernen und ohne jetzt hier zu sehr ins Fanboygerede abzuschweifen: Ich habe noch nie jemand gestern der mit soviel Einsatz und Liebe hinter seinem Lebenswerk steht wie Dennis. Mach weiter so!

[details=reddit-Post]LastHomeStoryCup like this - My open thoughts (TaKe) (self.starcraft)
eingereicht vor 1 Tag von TaKeSeN
Hello my Starcraft Family,

(Wall of Text incoming) Sorry for that and please ignore all my mistakes in the upcoming text - I wanna share all my thoughts and emotions with you and i guess this will be not that well structured :stuck_out_tongue:

i think most of the people know me but i am not writing and commentating on reddit and general on Forums etcpp that much but i am reading everything.

I am Dennis „TaKe“ Gehlen and i am the organizer behind the HomeStoryCup and tons of other Starcraft II Content together with my team.

This is a very emotional situation for me and i wanted to write this already a few days ago but i didn t feel like it - it gave me a hard time to even think about what i could write.

Just tomorrow we will host the 14th edition of the HomeStoryCup which started as a fun project in 2010 with friends coming by to my 50m² appartment in Krefeld, Germany.

I had guys like Socke, Demuslim, HasuObs, ret and Rotterdam at my place which i consider my friends and guys like Rotti even a very good friend which i almost only see at HomeStoryCup and even have a very close connection too.

I started this project without any idea where it could go „TaKeTV“ a one man show after work (at that time i worked fulltime for ESL)

I streamed every day and did youtube videos every day and kept awake at least 20 hours every day and slept around 3 hours a full year to produce Starcraft II Content and that 7 days a week and with my work which was also gaming i spent more than 100 hours every week in eSport/Gaming.

You know what? It felt great!!!, it didn t feel like work, it didn t feel like it was exhausting - It was my passion who kept me going every day and i wasn t tired of what i did.

I felt complete and i never regret spending so much time in just one thing and back then all earnings went to the company i was working for which was ESL but it was okay and even until today i never had the feeling to be treated bad cause i became an awesome opportunity which i would have never had if i wouldn t have worked for ESL at this time.

But it was time to became selfemployed and do all this stuff without a Boss behind me.

I always have been the guy who had a strong opinion and high believe in what i think and always wanted to push my ideas and philosophie and to feel „complete“ also for my private life i felt becoming my own boss is the right decision and thats what i did.

I moved to a 200m² appartment had my own studio with a gamingroom a productionroom which was my sleepingroom on the same time with nothing in it beside a bed and a livingroom which you might know as the old „Chilloutarea“ of the older HomeStoryCups.

I kept doing this almost 2 years and had a girlfriend living with me in this appartment. I have all this memories which i don t wanna miss - GO4SC2 Sunday Cups - After streaming saturday very late the only day i took time for my friends was this one and we went out for party and every sunday i was SUPER exhausted (we all know why) but i started streaming this sundaycup every sunday and didnt miss a single one for at least the first 2 years. I was still sleeping in my room with my girlfriend and one of my guys doing the production had to enter this room every sunday to do preperation and it gave me almost no privacy BUT - It was awesome - this experience - this live.

After this first 2 years i was so lucky to get my own appartment just 1 area above the Studio which i also used as a area for pros etcpp in future tournaments :stuck_out_tongue: i couldnt stop sharing my place with all these awesome people meeting me at events.

One of my best nights in my life happened after a HomeStoryCup with a lot of awesome people like Stephano, Rotti, our old cook Carsten, Bling, Traidos our admin who still supports us and many many more. We were singing sunday night to monday morning karaoke with 10 people and more like the biggest idiots on earth BUT we we were no idiots - Just some kids having the best time you can imagine and not taking care of what other people think ( Including my neighbours :P)

Stuff which sometimes happens once in a lifetime and never happen this way again. Do you know what i mean? This one great day you never expected but happend and you can t create it again. I had so many of these days cause i m doing what i m doing. Loving this Gaming/eSportscene.

Next stop for me: I actually grew with TaKeTV became eployees, internships, apprentianceships and started doing more content and also in other games like Hearthstone and also many people know the SeatStoryCup which is an event i almost have the same passion for as HomeStoryCup even if i dont play hearthstone myself.

TaKeTV started doing productions at big events like Cebit, Gamescom and nowadays we do productions for big football clubs like VFL Wolfsburg or Sony Playstation, ESL or publisher like Ubisoft and also companies like Red Bull and others.

We do all the audio, Video sometimes light and put together concepts and have lead on these projects which we also take care of and produce in the end of the day.

TaKeTV had its own studio around 100m² at Gamescom with a own booth - WTF!?!?! - We produced for 2K a huge company at Gamescom a second production and even had a third production with NEEDforSEAT where i did 100% of the planing and construction on 300m² together with my awesome team at TaKeTV and NEEDforSEAT.

We are filming for our city and cut together videos for them which i never expected in my life i / we would do.

I just created a new agency for consulting in gaming with a guy i met a few years ago doing marketing for Red Bull in the gamingsector and he is awesome and i have the chance to bring eSports to even more people and create more awesome products. We work with one of the most famous agencys in germany together who have a great network.

I am not sure if you know it but i also work very close for NEEDforSEAT who produce the gamingchairs and i sit beside the owner every week 2 days and do the PR / Marketing in Europe and also worldwide and get the trust to bring new employees in the company to make it even better.

I have a 2000m² location with all that stuff i always dreamed of like a Airhockeymachine, tablesocker, Dancemachine, an awesome TaKeTV Bar, a Professional gamingroom, MY OWN Cinema with awesome seats (Also lovechairs you should try them out) and many many other things i dont wanna miss.

Almost 30 people nowadays work for TaKeTV and most of them are fulltime and live from producing gamingcontent.

I would say i have a very cool appartment and even when i dont own a car myself i can rent nice cars from time to time and have a jacuzi at my place which is awesome.

Why am i telling you all this stuff?

I never never never expected this stuff to happen and when i started working fulltime i said to myself i don t need to earn big money if i have 2000€ every month at some point in my life i will have enough to have a good life and would be happy without any regrets.

It all ended different and there is one huge reason for that. It is YOU!!! the Starcraft Community - All the people who supported me and TaKeTV over the last years who were watching what i loved to do and that is producing Starcraft Content and all the amazing gamingcontent.

I will never forget how i guess more than 100 people came to our new location when it was still in build and looked like a mess and so many people offered to work for free for us and really did that. WITHOUT YOU this location wouldnt be here and i know it and will never forget that.

You guys / we known as gamerenthusiasts are awesome people with a philosophie and thinking i have never seen before.

I am very greatfull and have deep respect for all you guys supporting esport and in this case expecially TaKeTV.

All i do all the opportunites and everything i CAN do is because you gave me and TaKeTV the chance for that and i will never stop to give as much back as possible!

But i also have a bad news and you might have asked yourself why this topic and all he said had nothing to do with the topic ^

I have been fighting to always get the budget for HSC for at least the last 4-5 HSC´s and it has been always a bad deal for us in case of economy.

Becoming bigger and more profesional and have people working fulltime and earning money makes an event like HomeStoryCup a little bit more expensive.

On the other side i have very very hard times find sponsors for HomeStoryCup and this time i took a very big risk cause we didnt have a mainsponsor until a week or two ago and if MIFcom wouldnt have said they will support us one more time as a mainsponsor i would have made a HUGE loss on this project.

We have and had always awesome partners supporting HSC but right now i wanna thank MIFcom 1000x times cause these guys support a product they love and they know that the invest is kinda high for a game / Viewers which are decreasing and if they look just at the numbers it is a bad invest for them and i know it, but they still sponsor it. You know why? Because of YOU! Because they have seen the great community and this event which is and always has been unique.

On the same time i wanna thank NEEDforSEAT who always have been supporting me without a question at any event i needed support. The owner never ever asked the question if this makes sense cause it is a tradition for him - When we had the first HSC it also helped him to start a business and it was the entrance for NEEDforSEAT in eSport. He is so loyal and i love this partnerships it feels like a marriage in good and bad times…:slight_smile:

Thank you very much to NEEDforSEAT and MIFcom but also to all the other partners who are always supporting us.

But also for partners like this there is a limit and they have to think about money and even if they love this event they can not invest that much money in a product where they dont have a return they need. You can do that once or twice but at some point it hurts.

All these partners wanna keep working with us and invest in us but they also have to see how they can invest in the market and where it makes sense.

What i wanna say is that we definitly SOMEHOW have a HomeStoryCup but having the same budgets of our sponsors we have right now will not happen and that means we most likely dont have the HomeStoryCup „that big“ anymore.

This would / makes me very sad and i wanted to share this for you and i know this text is a HUGE WALL but i feel like i have to explain all of this to you.

We had a great support of our community to donate for a lot of koreans to pay them flights / Hotels which i am very greatfull for and was SO awesome but this is just a „kinda small cost“ of what we overall have with a 25 - 30 man crew working on it, the location, food, shuttles, prizemoney, external people etc etc etc

If there is a way to keep doing it I WILL and even if i have some losses I will do it! I will try to find new sponsors but i try to be realistic - It is not that easy nowadays. I will not stop doing Starcraft and not stop to do a HomeStoryCup but we have to see how we can do it in the future.

I hope you can understand my situation.

This was a very personal thing i shared but i shared it with my family and with the people who went this way with me all over the years and i seriously had tears almost coming out of my eyes cause writing this reminded me on so many great memories i don t wanna miss.

With deep respect

Dennis „TaKe“ Gehlen [/details]

Link-reddit

1 „Gefällt mir“

mouz kickt nach dem miserablen Abschneiden in Atlanta (ELEAGUE) den Veteranen ChrisJ aus dem Team. Es kommt oskar wieder ins Team.

Irgendwie eine seltsame Entscheidung. Nicht nur, dass die Rollen von Spiidi und Denis, welche fast schon chronisch enttäuschen nicht zur Debatte stehen, auch dass man jetzt oskar wieder ins Team holt, obwohl man ihn für wenig professionelles Arbeiten erst gekickt hat. ChrisJ an die Rifle und oskar für denis wäre wohl effektiver gewesen.

So sehe ich das eher als Rüchschritt.

Kann mir jemand sagen, wer da alles sitzt? Bin in CSGO nicht mehr sonderlich aktiv.

Erkannt habe ich Basti (Sevon), Take, Gobb, tabsen? und cengiz. Die anderen kenn ich nicht, scheint aber ein großes Ding dort zu sein

ne is glaub nich tabsen
ganz rechts müsste lenz sein

Oh fuck. Ich verwechsel cengiz und lenz immer… ach diese Mäuse… -.-

Wie hieß denn noch mal der Spieler/Caster der auch immer bei der 99dmg Berichterstattung auf Prosieben Maxx dabei war?

horstor?

Ne, der blonde rechts neben gobbel :slight_smile:

kenn ich um ehrlich zu sein nicht

Ja seh ich auch so, vollkommen unverständlich warum sie ChrisJ kicken, um dann jemanden zu holen bei dem sie davor schon gemerkt haben das es nicht mit ihm passt.
Naja ich bin allgemein nicht so ein großer Fan dieser extrem schnellen RosterChanges, weil vorallem Vp zeigt, das es oft nicht an den Mitgliedern liegt sondern a) an falschen Taktiken oder schlechtem Training und oder vorallem an statistischen Phänomenen. Es gibt einfach Jahre oder Turniere bei denen gar nichts läuft, und dann wirds wieder besser und schlechter.

Das könnte crisby von Alternate Attax sein, bin mir aber nicht zu 100% sicher.

ChrisJ ist wieder da und Niko ist weg. Nunja. Damit können sie nicht mal an der ESL Meisterschaft teilnehmen, weil ihnen ein deutscher Spieler fehlt. :confused:

Ich grabe den Thread mal wieder aus, da ich gerade Bookmarks aufräume. Vielleicht ist was interessantes für euch dabei, so alt sind die Sachen noch nicht…

Why are many CCG pros making the switch to Gwent?

MTG expects more than 40 percent esports sales growth for the rest of 2017

Competitive Design: esports will forever change the way we compete

The Rise of the Professional Cyber Athlete

Aktuelle News:

Iceberg Esports: eine im Agust 2017 gegründete kanadische Esportsorganisation hat das komplette Team von Animal Planet übernommen.
Das ist der 2. Vorstoß von Ihnen in Richtung Dota und mal schauen, wie sie es diesmal machen.
Bin gespannt, da Daniel Escott (CEO von Icerberg) schon einen ziemlich guten Plan hat und das Konzept von dieser Organisation finde ich sehr vorbildlich!

"We understand the causes of concern in the industry, and we address them. Player burnout, mental health issues, inexperienced management, toxic communication; these are all issues that we are proactively addressing within our organization. Player burnout and mental health is our primary focus, promoting a healthy game-life balance and great flexibility to accommodate players’ needs. Our management team is incredibly well-rounded, with the knowledge and experience to foster a healthy and vibrant organizational culture. We want to set a new standard of player care in the industry. We understand that if we take care of our players, they will always do their best.

Our vision for this organization is for us to collectively build the esports scene in Canada, to give youth here the opportunity to get involved in esports without having to move outside of Canada. We have a wealth of talented and interested youth who, like us, have a passion for gaming and the ability to do something with it. Unfortunately, many of them cannot because leaving Canada is beyond their means or ability. That is why ICE was created, and it is why we are different. We didn’t come together because we wanted to win any tournaments, we came together because we want to provide opportunities to the youth in our communities. If that means we can build some incredible teams along the way, fantastic! But winning is secondary to our vision, and our vision motivates us far beyond what money or any trophy could."

http://www.icebergesports.ca/articles/news/Unknown/7/iceberg-esports-signs-team-animal-planet

Bin gespannt was von denen noch so kommen wird und ob sich das alles so durchsetzen wird.

Mal ein paar News. Eine hab ich direkt aus dem LoL thread übernommen und ist daher nur als Zitat und auf League of Legends angepasst(hab den thread hier grade erst entdeckt)

Der 1. FC Köln kooperiert mit SK Gaming

Die neue GroKo verspricht verbesserungen im Thema Esport

Im moment laufen ja die Koalitationsverhandlungen zwischen SPD, CDU und CSU für eine neue Große Koalition. In den Verhandlungen gab es nun auch das Thema Esports. So gibt es folgende Punkte:

• Der Esports soll als Sport anerkannt werden

Dies sorgt nicht nur dafür das Esportler aus dem Ausland es leichter haben nach Deutschland zu kommen(unteranderem Relevant für die EU LCS im bereich League of Legends), sondern auch wird es möglich sein Vereine und Verbände zu gründen. Dazu wolle man Esport eine olympische perspektive schaffen.

• Die Gaming-Branche im allgemeinen soll Gestärkt werden

Es sollen so mehr Fördermittel für die Gaming Industrie locker gemacht werden. Mit einem Förder-Modell sollen die Wettbewerbs-Bedingungen an andere Europäische Länder angepasst werden.
Des weiteren will man den deutschen Computerspielpreis mehr Aufmerksamkeit schenken.

Weitere Infos könnt ihr aus meiner Quelle von Summoner’s Inn ziehen:

https://www.summoners-inn.de/de/news/65596-groko-verspricht-esport-foerderung

1 „Gefällt mir“

Kleiner Auszug aus dem Koalitionsvertrag.

Wir erkennen die wachsende Bedeutung der E-Sport-Landschaft in Deutschland an. Da E-Sport wichtige Fähigkeiten schult, die nicht nur in der digitalen Welt von Bedeutung sind, Training und Sportstrukturen erfordert, werden wir E-Sport künftig vollständig als eigene Sportart mit Vereins- und Verbandsrecht anerkennen und bei der Schaffung einer olympischen Perspektive unterstützen.

Wäre echt top, wenn es wirklich bessere Strukturen und eine bessere Entwicklung geben würde. Deutschland ist bei sowas ja immer etwas hinten dran ^^

1 „Gefällt mir“